Valentines Day is coming up and I felt I should talk a little about it. First of all, I want to say I have a wonderful girlfriend, who I have been with for over 2 years now. I usually do not get her something for Valentines Day but we usually do something special like go out to eat and see a movie together. All that being said, I think Valentines Day is a joke. Okay, it has been said before but Valentines day is completely set up to make card companies, flower companies, and candy companies lots of money.
The way I see it every day should be Valentines Day if you are in love, so why should one day force you to spend money? If you are in love with someone you should be treating them nice and making them feel special no matter what day it is. However, most girls would not go for this because they are the ones getting gifts on Valentines Day and are not required to buy the guys anything.
Valentines Day can be fixed for you and your loved one if you just talk about it. Discuss it and make it a date night rather than a "she gets lots of gifts night". This should be discussed far before Valentines Day to avoid upsetting that special someone. As you do this you will find that being on a special date with them is much more fun than handing them some overpriced chocolates.
Also, if you really enjoy the whole gift thing try making a gift or writing a card or letter for each other. It can mean a lot more than just wasting your money on something that will be special for a day and gone tomorrow.
Hope you have a happy Valentines Day and I hope you spend it with that special someone.
The way I see it every day should be Valentines Day if you are in love, so why should one day force you to spend money? If you are in love with someone you should be treating them nice and making them feel special no matter what day it is. However, most girls would not go for this because they are the ones getting gifts on Valentines Day and are not required to buy the guys anything.
Valentines Day can be fixed for you and your loved one if you just talk about it. Discuss it and make it a date night rather than a "she gets lots of gifts night". This should be discussed far before Valentines Day to avoid upsetting that special someone. As you do this you will find that being on a special date with them is much more fun than handing them some overpriced chocolates.
Also, if you really enjoy the whole gift thing try making a gift or writing a card or letter for each other. It can mean a lot more than just wasting your money on something that will be special for a day and gone tomorrow.
Hope you have a happy Valentines Day and I hope you spend it with that special someone.
No comments:
Post a Comment