Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chicago Auto Show

I went to the Chicago Auto Show on February 12th of 2011. It was my second time attending a Chicago Auto Show and I enjoyed it very much. This is saying a lot because I am not really much of a car person and know almost nothing about cars. Although the obvious focus of the auto show is for dealerships to show off their cars, there is plenty to do other than just look at the cars. This can make it a very fun experience for people of all ages. The cars were unbelievable and came in all different shapes, sizes, colors, and features. They could keep you busy for hours on their own.

However, if you are like me and are not as interested in cars as many other people, there seems to be raffles you can enter or prizes you could win just about everywhere you look. The number one prize the booths seemed to want to give away this year was an I-Pad. There were at least three or four booths giving them away as a prize. But there were also a few chances to get a free $10-$50 for just filling out a survey or agreeing to do a test drive at one of the dealerships.

Another fun activity is that many of the dealerships had short tracks that they would drive you on to show you the abilities of the vehicles. One track had a hill that was on the verge of going straight up and down, another had a huge teeter totter for driving over, and some had big rocky terrain to drive over.

Of course if none of these things interest you there is always the beautiful models who hand out fliers and discuss the cars with you. There are also many food booths which have expensive but delicious food. No matter what it is that might interest you about the auto show, I would suggest giving the car show a try. It is both fun and cheap. Tickets are around $7 and if you look hard enough you can probably find a deal with a car dealership or other business to get free tickets, or at least a discount.

Hope that you give it a try. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment