Sunday, February 20, 2011

Review of The Proposel

When my girlfriend made me see The Proposal I was only half willing to see it because I expected it to be a corny chick flick. After seeing it I realized it was much more of a romantic comedy than a chick flick. Yes, there are mushy parts but overall it is a very funny movie. Sandra Bullock was great (and hot) as always and Ryan Reynolds, Betty White, and Mary Steenburgen made a great comedy team. The idea behind the movie is that Margaret Tate (Sandra Bullocks character) is the scary boss of Andrew Paxton (Ryan Reynolds character). When she realizes that her visa is up and that she is going to be deported to Canada she agrees to promote Ryan Reynolds if he pretends to be her husband to be. To prove that they are "really a couple" they must go to Ryan Reynolds family home for his grandmothers birthday (Betty White). From then on out the humor is nonstop.

No comments:

Post a Comment